There are several reasons why French press is a good way to brew coffee:
- It produces a rich, full-bodied cup of coffee. The metal or nylon mesh filter used in a French press allows more of the coffee’s oils and flavors to pass through into the final brew, resulting in a bolder taste.
- It is simple and easy to use. All you need is a French press, some ground coffee, and hot water.
- It is relatively inexpensive. French presses are available at a wide range of price points, so you can find one that fits your budget.
- It is environmentally friendly. French presses do not require the use of disposable filters, making them a more sustainable option for brewing coffee.
- It is versatile. In addition to brewing coffee, French presses can also be used to make tea and other infusions.
Overall, French press is a great way to brew coffee for those who appreciate a strong, rich flavor and want a simple, economical, and environmentally friendly brewing method.
To make French press coffee, you will need a French press, coarsely ground coffee beans, hot water, and a mug. Here are the steps to follow:
- Begin by heating water to around 200°F. You can use a kettle or a pot on the stove to do this.
- Grind your coffee beans coarsely, then add them to the French press.
- Pour the hot water over the coffee grounds, making sure to saturate all of the grounds.
- Let the coffee steep for about four minutes.
- After four minutes, press the plunger down slowly to separate the coffee grounds from the brewed coffee.
- Pour the brewed coffee into your mug and enjoy!