Ethiopia is the birthplace of coffee. It’s been stated so many times, that you think of it in passing, but think about this:
- 1. Coffee we drink narrows down to 15 maybe 20 genetic types.
- Every single one of these has come from Ethiopia
- It is estimated that Ethiopia potentially has hundreds if not thousands of genetic types currently
- Many part of Ethiopia still harvest their coffee from forests growing in the wild
- It’s illegal to take out any type of coffee plant from Ethiopia for replanting
- It’s been my personal experience that almost any flavor profile I’ve tasted from other origins I can find in Ethiopia
Appreciate and enjoy your Ethiopian coffees, you never realize how deep it is.